Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Movie Review-Bridget Jones' Diary

Genre: Romantic Comedy
Director: Sharon Maguire
Written by: Helen Fielding (novel and screenplay)
Plot: Bridget Jones is a single woman, age 32 and living in Britan. At the start of a new year, Bridget buys a diary and decides to be completely honest. "Resolution #1: uggg - will obviously lose 20 lbs. #2: always put last night's panties in the laundry basket. Equally important: will find nice sensible boyfriend and stop forming romantic attachments to any of the following: alcoholics, workoholics, sexaholics, commitment-phobics, peeping toms, megalomaniacs, emotional fuckwits, or perverts. Will especially stop fantasizing about a particular person who embodies all these things." Direct quote from the movie.
Comments: I absolutely loved this movie!! I found it very hillarious and griping, but not in the intelectual way or the horror film kind. Although I can't relate to Bridget very much, there was always this piting kind of sympathy for her. She can't hold down a man; is cheated on by dazzling Daniel Cleaver and disliked by the gorgeous Mark Darcy. But in the end Bridget ends up with one of them, I will not tell, you watch the movie for yourself...
Rating/Favourite Quotes: I give this movie a rating of 4/5
-Perpetua: Anyone going to introduce me? Bridget: [to herself] Ah. Introduce people with thoughtful details. Perpetua, this is Mark Darcy. Mark is a prematurely middle-aged prick with a cruel raced ex-wife. Perpetua is a fat-ass old bag who spends her time bossing me around. [to herself] Bridget: Maybe not. Perpetua: Anyone going to introduce me? Bridget: Ah, Perpetua. This is Mark Darcy. Mark is a top barrister. Comes from Grafton Underwood. Perpetua is one of my work colleagues.
*aaannd one of my all time favourties, makes me laugh every time*
-Daniel Cleaver: There once was a young woman from Ealing. Who had a particular feeling. She lay on her back, and opened her crack, and pissed all over the ceiling.
BWAHAHAHHAHAHHA, couldn't help myself, cracked up while just writing it.
-Highly recommend this movie to anyone who needs a break from their own depressing life style, you will find this amusing and highly comic.

No comments:

Post a Comment